Intellectual Property Counsel
- Strategic intellectual property portfolio development to support your business objectives
- Due diligence for merger / acquisition or other investment Transactions
- Litigation Management
- Monetization of non-core assets for business flexibility
- Licensing and other intellectual property agreements
- Unfair competition
- On demand in-house intellectual property resource to supplement established legal departments
- Intellectual Property Counsel for emerging companies
Responsible for the strategic management of teams that obtained the following:
- Summary Judgment of non-infringement for Covidien related to medical devices.
- Jury verdict of non-infringement and Federal Circuit affirmance for U.S. Surgical, thereby eliminating up to $400 million in potential exposure and injunction risk. Prior to Mark's involvement, U.S. Surgical had twice previously been found to willfully infringe the same patent.
- Jury verdict of infringement and damages in an action related to medical devices.
- Favorable settlement of a patent infringement lawsuit related to surgical stapling technology, thereby eliminating over $500 million in potential exposure.
- Dismissal of all claims with prejudice in three separate patent infringement actions brought against medical devices after a combined Markman hearing.
- Federal Circuit affirmance of a District Court ruling of non-infringement related to surgical mesh. The appellate decision is cited as a leading authority on patent claim scope disclaimers.
- German preliminary injunctions for patent infringement against five separate companies related to surgical staplers.
- German preliminary injunctions for patent infringement against mesh tacking systems.
- Favorable global settlement of worldwide patent infringement actions related to surgical mesh products after Japanese litigation.